I’ve lately been alerted that more people are following this blog. I’m pleased and hopeful that this may be an influx of our new parents whose children are entering the school (especially Kindergarten). Welcome.
I’m sure you may have many questions – feel free to ask them in the comments of this post or email me directly and we’ll try to get you some answers.
One question that we got already was around Before/After school care. Right now, Maple Grove only offers before and after school care off-site through Arbutus Kids World. However, we are in discussions with YMCA about starting on-site before and after school care for the 2018/2019 school year. An announcement is expected this month and will be posted on our main school blog. Here’s hoping!
It’s been a bit quiet on the Blog lately (to be honest, it’s always a bit quiet between January and March, much as I try). Coming soon is more information about the Montessori Finance Committee, another staff interview, and a book review, along with the usual concept and materials posts.
For now, please feel free to wander the archives.
Recommended posts from this blog:
- We’re going to ask you for money and this is why. Check this post out to see some of the things that we buy. I’ll be posting an update to this in the next few weeks.
- Understand the New BC Curriculum and its impact on Montessori
- Sometimes, parents worry about recess.
And from other blogs/sites:
- The basics — if you’re not quite sure what you are getting into.
- BC Parent Montessori Article (discusses new curriculum also)
- Recommended reading
Again welcome and I’d love to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns about Montessori, Maple Grove, or anything school related.